The project “European Future is our future” is focused on the role of the local authorities for the future of EU. The project upgrades the previous projects “Europe in future- unified and multifaceted” and “Future of Europe-Reload” by Europe for citizens Programme.
The general objective is to make the established Network of towns “Open towns” sustainable in long-term perspective via fostering European citizenship for civic and democratic participation on the local and Union level. It fits to the second general objective of the Programme: to foster European citizenship and to improve conditions for civic and democratic participation at Union level.
The specific objectives are:
1. to make cooperation wider and sustainable trough expanding established Network of Towns “Open towns” by cultural exchange, sharing ideas, best practices in the local self-government. It fits to the 1-st specific objective of the Programme for stimulating debate, reflection and the development of networks;
2. to encourage civil participation in partial youth participation in the policy-making process at the local and EU level. It fits to the second specific objective of the Programme for encourage democratic and civic participation of citizens at Union level .
In order to achieve its objectives, the project provides five international meetings in four different European countries:
“My European municipality”, Bulgaria;
“My European town”, Portugal;
“My European place”, Italy;
“I`m European", Slovenia;
“Our European Spirit”, Bulgaria;
The focus of the meetings is on the:
- Debating the future of Europe and challenging Euroscepticism;
- Fostering a sense of belonging to Europe;
- Increase understanding of the benefits of the European Union;
- Enhance democracy e-participation and EU decision-making process;
- Fostering intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding and combatting the stigmatisation of migrants and minority groups.
- European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018
Beneficiary: Municipality of Dalgopol
Partners: Nova Gorica (Slovenia), Osilo (Italy), Aksakovo (Bulgaria), Vila Nova de Cerveira (Portugal).
The target groups are representatives of local authorities, citizens, young people, representatives of vulnerable groups, policy-makers and decision-makers at local level.
The expected results from the project are:
- expanded Network of towns;
- five international meetings, five international conferences; one contest “I`m European”, two researches, two seminars, two debates, updated document “Program of the Network of Towns, four exhibitions.
In the frame of the project will be carried out five meetings:
The project upgrades the previous projects “Europe in future- unified and multifaceted” and“Future of Europe-Reload” by Europe for citizens Programme with new topic “Belonging to EU and European Spirit”.